HackerNoon and Tatum Games are thrilled to announce the finalists for the third and final round of the Unity Writing Contest! The submissions we received were nothing short of exceptional. Each entry showcased the incredible talent, creativity, and passion within our community.
Congratulations to the outstanding writers who have made it to the top 10 and have a chance of winning $1000.
Our Editors will vote on these stories, and the winner will be announced in the last week of September, 2023.
If you are one of the finalists or rooting for one of these to win, you have a chance to convince the judges by commenting on this announcement why they should win. You can share this announcement on social media with your followers to add more comments to convince the editorial!
We will feature the best comments in our winners announcement.
Before listing the finalists, here’s a quick shoutout to the contest’s sponsor:
About MIKROS by Tatum Games
MIKROS is a SaaS product that enrolls game developers in an information-sharing ecosystem, also known as data pooling, that helps identify better insights about user behavior, including user spending habits. Power Your Game With MIKROS.
The Unity Writing Contest Round 3: Top 10 Nominations
We have shortlisted the top 10 stories on the following factors:
- Content relevancy and quality
- Total number of reads proportionate to the reading time. (We monitor bot traffic, so a higher number of reads doesn’t automatically qualify your story to be in the top 10).
Here are the top 10 finalists:
- Creating Immersive Virtual Reality Experiences With Unity by @jamesjohnson.
- Unity Realtime Multiplayer, Part 2: TCP, UDP, WebSocket Protocols by @dmitrii.
- Unity AI: Creating Intelligent NPCs and Enemy Behaviors by @awesomemike.
- The Top 5 Unity Assets Every Game Developer Should Have by @davidmustard.
- Designing Captivating Game Characters with Unity's Animation Tools by @lonewolf.
- Unity Realtime Multiplayer, Part 3: Reliable UDP Protocol by @dmitrii.
- Game Analytics – A Tale of Different Faces by @oliveremeka.
- Unity Realtime Multiplayer, Part 6: Game Network Topologies by @dmitrii.
- Mastering Unity's Coroutines by @infinity
- Unity Realtime Multiplayer, Part 4: Overcoming NAT Challenges by @dmitrii
Congratulations to all the finalists! Share this announcement with your support circle, and comment below why your story should win $1000. We invite all our readers to share their favorite stories in the comments section. Our editors will be reading all the comments.
We wish you all the best!
The primary purpose of these contests is to celebrate quality and recruit excellent educational content for our community. We congratulate all the finalists. However, the Editorial team can disqualify a writer or a story if we find any misconduct like plagiarism, copyright infringement, or disinformation.