The wait is over. We bring you the first list of winners of the DevOps writing contest by Aptible and HackerNoon. First, let’s look at the stats for Round 1 - we have published 61 #devops stories, generating almost 15 days of reading time! Kudos to all the participants; y’all rock!
Reading about the DevOps Writing Contest for the first time?
HackerNoon and Aptible bring you an exciting opportunity. Share your #DevOps expertise and win the DevOps writing contest! $18,000 worth of prizes await you.
Need ideas to write? You can write anything related to DevOps. The sponsor is interested in reading about the challenges in implementing the DevOps infrastructure and how you deal with them. Click on this template for more details.
Aptible’s hosting platform automates the work of provisioning, managing, and scaling infrastructure so developers can focus on what actually matters: their product. Get started for free with
The DevOps Writing Contest: Round 1 Finalists
For selecting the nominations, we picked all the stories with the #devopstag on HackerNoon, published in August. Then, we chose the top stories weighing in the following factors:
- Number of hours read
- The number of people reached
- The originality of the content
- Relevance to the topics shared by the sponsor. See the contest’s writing prompt here.
Here’s the list of the Round 1 finalists:
- JWT and Azure AD Authentication: How to Marry Them? by @fmira21
- Beyond the Hype: Real-World Challenges of DevOps in Legacy Infrastructure by @feranmiadeyinka
- Container Orchestration Smackdown: Kubernetes vs. Docker Swarm vs. Nomad by @emmanuelohaba
- Cultural Challenges in DevOps Adoption and How to Overcome Them by @ezikielemmanuel
- Security Considerations in IaaS Deployments by @lonewolf
- Integration Challenges and Solutions in PaaS by @innocentchuks
- The Impact of Serverless Computing on PaaS and IaaS Adoption by @ivyhackwell
- Efficient Application Updates with Blue-Green Deployments in Kubernetes by @dylanmich
- Deploying a Scalable and Secure Node.js REST API with MongoDB on Aptible by @wise4rmgod
Round 1 Winners of The DevOps Writing Contest by Aptible
In the first place, we have:
Docker containers and Aptible orchestration ensure scalability as your user base grows. With this deployment, you can confidently expand your app's features. This guide equips you to create, secure, and scale modern web applications on Aptible.
Congratulations, @wise4rmgod! You have won $1,500.
The second position is won by:
It’s a good exercise in case your third-party service does not support SSO authentication (or you just don’t want to pay much for it) - but you would be happy with a simple solution. All you need is Python, Docker, and, surely, an understanding of what you are going to do.
Well deserved, @fmira21! You have won $1,000.
In the third place, we have:
Shift the culture from blame to learning. Highlight that mistakes are opportunities for improvement, not sources of shame. Encourage open discussions about failures and share lessons learned. This psychological safety fosters innovation and motivates teams to collaborate fearlessly.
@ezikielemmanuel has won 500$!
Congratulations to all the winners of the DevOps Writing Contest. We will contact y’all via email to share the next steps. Visit contests.hackernoon.com to learn more about running and upcoming contests.
The HackerNoon writing contests primarily aim to celebrate quality content and recruit educational stories for our community. We congratulate all the finalists. However, the Editorial team can ban a writer and/or disqualify a story if we find any misconduct like plagiarism, copyright infringement, or disinformation.